Thursday, September 7, 2006

Suuree, or something like that

Newspapers age to yellow and the tree leaves do the same,
Work time spent a-working, spare time spent on Scrabble games
I ponder where my life is going and things like armpit stains
And what I may have missed when I stopped watching "Growing Pains"

Another bowl of cereal and another sandwich lunch
Another seedless grape is plucked and eaten from the bunch
Life, it carries on and soon the day turns into night
I look up in the sky and see the moon and planes in flight

There's one thing that I know will always be there in the news;
One thing I can count on. One thing that we'll never lose.
It's covered non-stop in the mags and on the internet
More so than the weather report and how rain gets things wet.

This topic that's at hand is weighing talking heads at large,
Everybody knows, even the homeless girl named Marge.
This one thing that I'm talking about involves a girl named Katie,
and the fact that I don't give a shit about her and Tom Cruise's baby.

Word.