Thursday, February 10, 2005

Meat Smoothie dreams

I had this dream the other night that I was flying on the back of a purple hippopotamos and that it was blowing bubbles out of its nostrils.



We flew over the Grand Canyon and it was full of old broken black and white television sets. On top of each television set was a golden cupcake with a lit sparkler in the middle of each one. We then suddenly found ourselves flying over the ancient pyramids in Egypt and after whizzing around in the sky for a few minutes, we were back in Minneapolis, and the hippo landed and dumped me off right in front of Chiang Mai Thai. My grandma was sitting in the entryway with the buzzer which went off and she said "aaaah - Micyle, dear - just in time! Our table is ready, honey! Have you passed Super Mario 3 yet?"



Grams and I went to our table and feasted on delicious curried salmon. Curried salmon? Yup. I heard the payphone by the restroom ringing and felt a strange urge to answer it, so I walked over, picked up the phone and said "Micycle speaking..?"



"Hello sir, your your CDs are ready. You can come pick them up at any time."



"My CDs? But... I wasn't waiting for any. Are you sure you have the right number?"



"Is this Micycle located at Chiang Mai Thai?"



"Yes..?"



"Your CDs are ready, please come get them."



I looked over at the table to make sure grandma was doing okay and she wasn't there - but a bevy of Solid Gold dancers were sitting there instead, all of them sipping on cans of Tab. I rushed over to the table leaving the phone dangling like a pendulum and when I got to the table exclaimed "What did you do with my grandma???!"



"Well," one of the dancers said, "we sent her off to McDonalds for a chicken burrito... the salmon just wasn't doing it for her."



Okay... actually, before I go any further I have to confess that I didn't have this dream; I'm full of shit.