Tuesday, February 14, 2006

This Valentines Day, I'm popping the question. Wish me luck!

Tonight I have very special plans for a very special someone out there.

I'm going to start by making my special homestyle fried chiggen for dinner. It will be accompanied by a side of buttered and lightly salted grilled asparagus, mashed tayters, homemade white gravy, and the most incredibly delicious glazed carrot coins a person could ever hope for. I haven't decided yet if I want to go with buttermilk biscuits or garlic toast, but I'm leaning towards the garlic toast.

It will be complimented by a slightly chilled bottle of wine, and an ice cold carafe of water just to cleanse the palette.

Then, after dinner will come the proposal. I'm so nervous about this! But life is all about taking risks. Like I've always said - I refuse to grow up to be the old man in the old folk's home looking back at my life playing the "wish I wooda" game. Hells no, that's not my style. Life is too short, so speak up or you'll wish you would have; knowwhatI'msayin? And that's certainly the case in regards to this evening.

We'll retire back to the kitchen where the proposal will take place - right before desert. I will pop the question to Frank and he will generously accept.

I mean, of course he will. What cat wouldn't want some kitty treats after dinner?