Monday, September 19, 2005

Guns don't kill people... Doctors do.

Was chitty chattying with a friend today and the topic of guns was randomly thrown into the mix. A fact was provided to me that went something like this: More people are killed by doctors every year than guns (who knows where this fact is from or how legit it may or may not be - but hey, I'm getting a journal entry out of it, so just play along).

Says I: "Allow me to retort. So if you get shot [by a gun], who's the first person you're hussposed to go see to get that shot mended and prevent you from bleeding to death?"

"Um.. A doctor."

Yep. The only thing allegedly more lethal than being the recipient of a bullet is the very answer to removing the bullet. Sounds like if you git a cap in your ass, you're pretty fucked unless you happen to visit the small percentage of doctors that don't allegedly kill you more than guns do.

Lesson learned: If I get sick, I'm going to ask someone to shoot me - 'cause apparently that's safer than a visit to the doctor's office.