Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Micycle goes to Mommy and Daddy's

11:42pm

So, here I am back in my hometown of Cottage Grove, MN where all of this suspended license bullcaca began nearly a month ago (read the ol' blog entry here if you haven't yet). It's the night before I go to court to hopefully get my driver's license and greatly missed 74 Pinto wagon back. I'm spending the night at my parent's place because I have to go to court bright and early at 8am tomorrow morning. I live in Minneapolis, have court at 8 in the morning 30 miles away and am not able to drive. I had a few options to look at as far as how to resolve this conflict:
  1. Stay in Minneapolis. Don't go to court. BZZZZZZZT! Wrong answer.
  2. Stay in Minneapolis, wake up at 3am on court day and make approximately 450 transfers on the Metro Transit system to get from there to here by 8am. No thanks.
  3. Have Kimb drive me out the night before to have my darling mother fill me tummy up with a chicken sammich, Newcastle, and homemade mochas. DING! We have a winner.

It's freakin' quiet out here in the Grove. When you look outside up into the sky at night, you can actually see stars (I forgot about those things!) I don't hear sirens. If I want to walk somewhere, it would take about 45 minutes because quite frankly, there's nowhere to walk and everything's closed.

I just saw in the CityPages today that GREAT WHITE is going to be playing here in Cottage Grove pretty soon. The show is in a venue that was once a roller rink that my sister and I frequented for rollerskating, nachos, and bright pink and green severed bunny feet "good luck" keychains (makes me wonder if bunnies have people feet keychains so they can have good luck too?). 15 years ago when I was a metal dude and they were packing arenas, I would have thought Great White playing in Cottage Grove was absolutely bitchin'. Now that it's 2005 and it's Great White.. in Cottage Grove.. it just kind of makes me laugh to myself like I do when I see a dude walking around with a mullet and a moustache. Now that I think about Great White playing there, it makes sense... being a former roller rink, which is all concrete for the most part, it guarantees a virtually inflammable performance from the band. (I know, not funny...)

Okay, now that I've gotten my daily "I'm Going to Hell For That" comment out of the way, I best get to bed... big day tomorrow. Will the judge be in a good mood? Will I get a public defender? Will he/she agree with me that the officer was an asshole? Will it all really make any difference in the end?

Dude... Where's My Pinto?