Friday, May 27, 2005

One of the worst ways to bother me...

I will preface this entry with a lyric from an old KISS tune:

"I'm walkin' down the street mindin' my own business.."

Heavy stuff, I know. But that's what I was doing. And it was raining. A car pulled over and the window rolled down. Being the friendly bloke I am, always at the ready to give blurry directions to the lost folk in my part of the city, I approached the vehicle.

4 puffy old ladies were inside and "oh no," I says to myself... "gang rape." Fortunately I was wrong. Unfortunately, it was worse.

The old lady in the front passenger seat looked like the kind of person you see cruising the candy aisles at Walgreens on a Little Rascal scooter with a cane hanging from the basket on the handlebars. She extended her arm with some 8 1/2 x 11" documentation in her hand and said "Here's a magazine for you!" All it took was a split second glance and I saw an all too familiar illustration of a bearded man wearing sandals and a robe on the cover.

Aw, Crikey.. Another God Damn (that's right, I said God Damn) bunch of bible thumpers thinking they're gonna make the world a better place by doing driveby Jesus-ing because they've nothing better to do with their time.

Aaarrg, this bothers me so. Seriously, what kind of people get together on a rainy day to do exhibit such behavior? Go watch The Price Is Right, crochet, do some crossword puzzles, or anything else but that.