Saturday, October 1, 2005

Adden-dumb to my "Make that 10 Moves..." post

A sigh of relief.. kind of. I just spoke with the new owner this afternoon all planning to get in his face and spray spit in it while I was yelling at him and cocking my neck left and right like the sexy people on the Maury Povich Show do. It seems that we have a finger-pointing game going on here between the new owners saying the old landlord knew this was going to happen vs. the old landlord saying she had no idea. Hmph.. no time for that, 'cause it makes no difference now - so I was quick to change subject and ask what they expect of their tenants and what (if any) accommodations will be made.

It turns out that they're going to take good care of us in the interim and give everyone their full security deposit back seeing that they're gonna gut this place anyhow. That makes my bonfire in the living room daydream a definite possibility now that I think of it..

Regardless, it's sad to see yet another charming old building go the way of pristine updated, sheetrocked, carpeted flaky condos. Ugh. Keep that shit in the burbs, please. I like my old hardwood floors and lumpy ceilings the way they are, thank you.