Saturday, October 8, 2005

Pimpin' my acoustic muzak

The Bob Dylan: Chronicles book I'm reading has been causing a creative fire to brew in mah belly that I didn't know I had. S'weird where you find inspiration sometimes.. I would have thought a Bob Dylan autobiography would be the last place that would happen, but lo and behold, I was sipping a mocha at a cawfee joint near my place this morning reading the book - next thing I knew, I was hyp-mo-tized into walking home, picking up my acoustic guitar, and recording something.

I wrote a new acoustic song over the summer entitled "Clüsterfüg" and it has been my nemesis for quite some time now - I had all the parts down, just couldn't find the right transitions to make them all merge into one single cohesive statement.

When I got home all caffeinated and inspired, I picked up my geetar and told it "Lissen up now, bitch! We're going to finish that song. Today! Hear me?!" And sure enough.. in less than 20 minutes I got up and stuck a fork in it, 'cause it was done. With the help of the underlying attitude in the Dylan book, the caca I've experienced this year, and the song topic itself, it was quite relieving to finally get the recipe for this tune down pat and close the door on that part of it. AAaaahhh! Exhale.

When I knew I had it, I plugged everything in, hit "record", and poof, there it was. I just squished it into an mp3 and uploaded it to my MySpace page for your listening enjoyment:

http://www.myspace.com/finnegan

Bye bye.

"Clüsterfüg" It had been a strange couple of years. He stepped out into the busy streets of the city, steadfast with a book in his hand and car keys in the other. At that precise moment, the fact that everything was going to be just fine hit him like a gust of warm air. The slate was now wiped clean, and the weathered and broken AOL trial CD he had just stepped over on the sidewalk suddenly clicked in his mind, the verbiage upon it in particular: Now more powerful than ever!