Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Invasions of da fruit flies

For your entertainment, today's journal entry has been "ebonified" courtesy of this online Ebonics translator. http://www.atlantaga.com/ebonics.htm Put on some good hippety hop muzak an' peep it!



==================



Yo buss dis. evary time I turn my head, dere's a reddish black dot or two (or 6) swirlin 'roun it. evary time I pick up somethin to eat, dere be reddish black dots swirlin 'roun it as well. evary time I move somethin on a countertop, same thin. An' you ain't evun want to no duh de firewuks dat happen when I go to fix out de trash.



De fruit flies be here; dey be breedin in an' skrikin down upon dis po coffee shop wit a great vengeance. Dere be evun one restin upon de wall calenda right now... I'z nevuh tasted a wall calenda, but if my life depended on landin on top uh gigantic sugary thins to feas upon, a Haworth & Co. wall calenda would probably be my las choice. I try to clapdem in flight an' dey somehow dodge me hands evary time. I has put cups uh apple ciduh vinegar wit a drop uh dishsoap out fuhdem as suggested on axejeeves.com. I spraydem wit mighty gusts uh bleach water. See what I'm sayin? Nothin. fuh evary thin I do to git rid uhdem, 10-20 mo seem to appear. Sheeit!



Yo buss dis, fruit flies: game on, bitches. Dis war be far from over. See what I'm sayin? When I'z finished wit you, de flo gonna be a sea uh dead, pathetic li'l red dots which I'z gladly sweep up into de dustpan an' dump out on 42n' skreet to be smashed by all uh de traffic.



Sheeit!