Wednesday, September 8, 2004

Dear Family: It's time to play "What's Missing From The Cabin?"

Dear Family,



I will give you 3 guesses to figure out what disappeared from the cabin during my stay there over Labor Day Weekend. Hmm... whatever could it be?



You know I love you all dearly. Wow Mom, you look great today! What a nice blouse that is! Dad... I always thought you were the best! Your homemade booya always taste so delicious! What great parents I have. They're always so understanding, funny, and so good looking!



Which is why I'm such a great son that never does anything wrong. Never have. Well, there was that one time in 6th grade when me and my buddy Troy almost burnt down the entire nature preserve behind Crestview Elementary School while lighting entire books of matches. Ha ha! Good times! And that one time when Dad caught me and my dear friend Todd smoking out in the tool shed in 7th grade. Gosh, wasn't that just a riot?



Nope. I've never done anything wrong other than that. Well... maybe all those D's and F's and unexcused absences from school. And perhaps I accidentally taped over a couple of your movies when I couldn't find blank VHS tapes for Headbangers Ball. And that one time when I spent Dad's coin collection on Garbage Pail Kids. Oh - and those couple of times during the summer of 10th grade, the "summer of recreational deployment" when I came home at 4am. I was just trying to find out who I was. Boy, I sure learned a lot about myself during that time!



But that's it, really! Other than that, I'm an innocent little angel. Right? Which leads me back to this fun little game for us to play that I invented: "What's Missing From The Cabin?" Gosh, isn't this fun?! Tee hee!



If you guessed that 1 pound of turkey bacon is missing (which by the way contains 65% less fat than regular bacon), you are indeed correct. However, something slightly larger and a bit more expensive disappeared as well. Something... how shall I say... "buoyant".



I will give you a few more clues:



- It is something that is usually found by the dock chained to a tree.

- It is something that you usually see fishermen sitting in when they are out on the lake.

- It is something that I had tied to the dock and assumed would be there the next morning.

- It rhymes with the word "throat". And coincidentally, it also rhymes with "float".

Tag! You're it! Try and guess what's missing! If you are unable to solve this puzzle, then maybe you should just not go up to the cabin until next Spring when I will assume you give up and then I will have to put it back. That's when I will challenge you to a variation of this fun game which I will call "Guess What's Been Replaced at the Cabin?" Yeah, I think that game would be a lot more fun to play than this one! So maybe we should all just wait until next Spring to play these games. And don't you worry at all about going up to close the cabin for winter. I'll take care of it - you all work way too hard to have to drive up there and go through all of that intensive labor!



Don't you just love games? They're so fun!