Monday, September 20, 2004

Headline: Madonna calls for world peace at meeting

I saw that headline today on my YAHOO! Home Page. Hm - slow news day, I guess! I found it to be so ridiculous that I couldn't even bring myself to click on it and read the story, nor do I think I ever will, so you'll have to take this journal entry with a grain of salt. My apologies if there is any sort of relevant and socially healing content in the article - rather than trying to justify it by reading it and trying to understand her cause, I'd rather be ignorant and spend 20 minutes bitching about it in today's journal entry.



Want to come with me? Keep reading.



Madonna: I do love you dearly. I must admit that I had a huge crush on you when "Like A Virgin" came out. I remember it was the selection of the month when I was a card carrying member of the Columbia Record and Tape Club. I purposely neglected to return the "DO NOT SEND ME THIS" card so the LP would be delivered to my doorstep and I could stare at the cover with oodles of impure thoughts (the record itself, as far as I was concerned back then, was only good for one thing: keeping the album cover from folding).



I understand you are a pioneer at what you do and you're on your 2 or 3 dozenth personal reinvention. Good for you. You look great, and I'm sure you could still give any female performer out there a run for her money.



And maybe you should stick to doing that. Do you really envision terrorist groups sitting around surfing the web, reading that headline, and thinking to themselves "Hmm... Now we've pissed Madonna off. This all has gone too far. Come on, people now - smile on your brother... get together everybody, try and love one another right now!"



Didn't think so.



In other words: please shut the hell up.



Here's the link to the story for those of you with the patience to read it:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040920/ap_en_mu/israel_madonna_24