Thursday, June 30, 2005

How my job search just got even slower

2 words: 56K modem.

Here is the process:

1) Log onto internet
2) Look on job pages, bite nails and pull out hair while waiting at least 30 seconds for pages to load
3) Once page is half loaded, internet disconnects
4) Reconnect to internet
5) Contemplate taking a laptop to go use coffee shop wifi
6) Realize nearest coffee shop wifi is 20 miles from here
7) Say a lot of bad words
8) Rip more hair out

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Being here at my parents is supposed to be a productive time and I appreciate their selfless hospitality. But I've just taken one step up and two steps back with the very tool I'm using to help land a job and am one step from saying f*&k it and going to apply at McDonalds.

Whooptie friggin doo. Somebody please kill me, thanks, I'd appreciate it.

To be continued...