Tuesday, August 30, 2005

CRIPES.

I bought some pants yesterday. Although I've saved both the tags and the receipt, I've been wearing them for almost 6 hours now and just realized that they're a might bit short in the ankle area. It's particularly visible when I sit - the leg cuffs (or whatever you call them) hike up and you can almost see past where my socks end and my bare sexy hairy legs begin. And when I look down when I'm walking, I feel like I have two hula hoops on my ankles.

I'm at a point in my day where I can't really go home and change for at least another 6 hours. So here I sit with a new pair of highwaters on wondering if they'll still be in a returnable shape by the time I get home. What if I spill some mustard on them? What if I open up a Coke and it overflows onto my hand and then the new pants? I guess I could keep them and just consider them a really long pair of shorts. Or I could give them to someone crafty like my mom or sister and they could make me one of those bluejean purses out of them. I'm pretty torn here. I've become attached to the fade job that was done on these jeans.

I wear a 32x30 normally and have 2 other pair of pants of the same make and model that are 32x30 as well. However, the 30 in these pants was apparently underestimated. Or the 30 in my other pants was overestimated. Dangit, how hard is it to make a consistent pair of pants in this day and age?

I guess I just can't go by numbers when I'm buying pants. I gots to reserve extra time to try them on prior to purchasing lest I want to end up in this situation again. My mistake for paying $27.99 and expecting things to work out and my pants to actually match the size on the label. I don't know who (i.e. human or robot) makes Levis now or where they're made, but I know it ain't in the U S of A no mo, that's fo sho.

Sorry to sound like an old man here, but when they were made here, they fit much differently (in a good way). Go ahead and save money by having these pants made across the border, but you need to add a disclaimer on each and every label on the jeans. One word will do just fine and you can place it before the size: almost.