Thursday, August 25, 2005

State Fair Time

Oh my.. it's already been a year since my State Fair post. How time flies. You know what that means - it's time to pay a lot of money to eat a lot of shitty food! Nummy.

Before the Fair even started, the on-a-stick humor was already spewing out of local newscasters like they've OD'ed on On-A-Stick-Joke enemas. The Channel 4 news has State Fair weather forecast called "Forecast On A Stick". This made me so angry that I wanted to bash my skull in with a whiffle ball bat. Why? Because: 1) It's on-a-stick humor, and 2) The forecast clearly wasn't on any sort of stick. It was just your standard issue weather forecast with a new dumbass title. I did not see any sort of stick thruout the duration of the weather prediction. If you're going to have a Forecast On A Stick, you should make it that way. Put a stick under the forecast screen. Print it out and adhere it to s stick. Put a globe on a stick and spin it to Minnesota, point to it, and tell us what you think the weather is going to be like. You can't call it on-a-stick and then have no stick. That takes the lameness of on-a-stick humor to a whole new level... they want to get in on the on-a-stick action, but they don't want to pay for stick props. So then all of the on-a-stick fans will wait for that stick zinger when they hear "Forecast On A Stick" and nothing will happen.

I need to lay off the coffee, settle down, go to the Fair, and try and ignore the stick humor. Instead of making a bitchfest of the Fair, I will prove to you all that I really don't think it's all that bad. I will go, I will people watch, and I will come back here and write you a full report within the next week.

In the mean time... See you at the Fair, Bitch!

p.s. - To all of the on-a-stick comedy writers, here's one for your books: Stick it up your arse!