Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I saw a big brown Dick!

That's right, a big hairy and sweaty one - and this Dick was walking the shores of Lake Calhoun last night.

Get your mind out of the gutter, you pervert! I'm talking about Dick Enrico, owner and guy on the commercials for his stores called 2nd Wind exercise Equipment. You know. This guy:


For those of you not familiar, every town seems to have its token overly-recognizable cheesy spokesperson advertising something (most of the time it's car dealers). This one owns and shamelessly pimps his line of used exercise equipment stores and is a rather familiar face to anyone that watches local television. He was walking the lakeside solo, which surprised me. You'd think such a prestigious local celebrity would have his posse with him to protect him from the globs of groupies that must flock to him. But nope. Just one Dick.

I wanted to stop him and suggest that he re-name his store to 2nd Wind Really Heavy Shit That People Bought and Never Used, but had a 7:00 hair reduction appointment that I had to tend to. Should I have stopped and said hi to Dick in lieu of having a nice hairdo? Yeah, I'm probably gonna regret that I didn't, just like that time I could have said hi to Dimebag Darrell who was then killed 2 weeks later.

But I'm guessing Dick won't have that same luck. Plus, I was within 20 feet of him and I guess that's a lot more than you can say. And strangely, he looks even more ridiculously tan in person.