Wednesday, August 3, 2005

I Don't Want To Be an "I Want To Be a Hilton" fan

Dude... I was watching "I Want To Be A Hilton" yesterday and suddenly found myself starting to take it seriously and felt a competitive energy start to build up in my belly for a few of the contestants.

Not. Good.

I have tuned into this show by accident the past couple of weeks while waiting for the "I Want To Sing For INXS" show to start because I'm addicted to it but never know when it's going to be on. It's on Monday through Wednesday nights, starts at a different time each night, and some nights it's on longer than others. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank CBS for their consistent, easy to follow programming. Perhaps they should start displaying their schedules during MENSA meetings and once those people have deciphered them they could translate the listings into something I could understand and follow.

So anyways, yeah, after a few weeks of catching the last 15 minutes of the Hilton show, I've been fished in. And I can't figure out why. Something's gone seriously wrong, here. My standards are pretty low already when it comes to watching TV, but this show is pretty low and I have this irresistible urge to find out what happens next week. I will try my hardest not to watch it, but can make no guarantees.

"Hell's Kitchen" season finale was on Monday and I'm on that show as well. I think it's time to get a Netflix membership before the next batch of reality shows start this Fall. Or maybe I should actually get off my ass, go outside and do something productive.

On second thought I did just see an ad for the new season of "The Apprentice" starting in September and last season was pretty damn sweet. And then the Martha Stewart Apprentice spinoff is kicking off as well.

Um...

Dear Me:

You called and You want your pride back.

Sincerely,

Yourself