Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Do you have a plastic spoon? I want my f*&king ice cream, dude.

Slow day at the office, so I'm just going to keep on adding stuff here.



There is a convenience store across the street from the coffee shop I work at. I like to call it "the Inconvenience Store", because everything they have is overpriced and either a) not what you want or b) expired. Not to mention it smells like warm cabbage in there.



Here are two recent events that pertain to this fine little corner market that most locals know as "The Cedar Country Boy":



Inconvenience Store Story #1



Some scruffy guy with no teeth just came into the coffee shop from the Inconvenience Store. He was all jacked up looking for a plastic spoon. He said "The guy across the street is an asshole. He sells Breyer's ice cream for $4 and won't give me a plastic spoon to eat it, and that shit is my favorite."



I told him I didn't have a spoon for him and he looked a little panicked.



"Well, I'm gonna go find me a plastic spoon somewhere, because that shit is my FAVORITE." He was forgetting to use his indoor voice when communicating with me - all of the customers sitting in here were giving him the "okay... settle down.." look.



Five minutes passed and he came back in just to let me know he found a spoon. Wow, thanks for the update - I can't imagine the pain he was going through.



Inconvenience Store Story # 2



Yesterday after closing the shop and making a stop off at the Inconvenience Store, a different scruffy man walked out with a 1 pound size brick of cheese. He peeled back the wrapper like it was the foil on a Chipotle burrito and took a big old bite out of it.



I wonder if he buys all of his food unsliced and eats it like that? Cheese, bread, salami, lettuce... if so, I'd love to watch that guy try and make a sandwich.