Sunday, November 14, 2004

2 wrongs don't make a right... but 3 rights make a left

It's true, stand up and try it... right turns must be made in 90 degree increments, otherwise you won't get a true "left" out of it.



It's time to take a break from posting about the fun, meaningless things I like to write about so much and get some stuff off my chest. Hey, I can't be a clown all of the time! I'm sure even Ronald McDonald has some things he worries about when not sitting stationary in a hardened statue form with his legs crossed and arm stretched out across a bench so you can sit next to him at selected McDonald's restaurants. If you've seen the movie "Supersize Me", I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, rent it!



I did one of those blood pressure chair armcuff thingies at Lund's the other day. Turns out the numbers are a little higher than they should be.. they're in the "prehypertension" category. YIKES! I used to have to run around the aisles of Target when I worked nights there in order to get their machine to yield such results (on a side note, try putting a lotion bottle in one of those sometime when you're at Target - it's pretty funny.)



I'm a very private person, but figure those numbers mean it's probably a good time to start talking... er... writing a little bit. I use creativity as a coping mechanism (mainly writing words and music) because I'm not big into stress relief via mind-altering chemicals. Chemicals seem like such a weak, expensive, temporary fix (but if it works for you, kudos, my friend!) I shouldn't say I'm completely chemically independent, as I've taken up smoking every so often (ha ha) over the past few months... surprise to those of you who were unaware! Don't worry - I know it's smelly, unhealthy, costs money, and when extreme stress goes away, so do my cravings. And in time my lungs return to the nice pink color they once were, like those cute fluffy bunny slippers Ralphy wore in "A Christmas Story". I think it had been 4-5 years since I had last taken a drag from a cancer stick up until this summer.



Anyways, the stress I'm under is from making a decision that seems necessary, but makes no one in particular happy either way I go, myself and a few bank accounts (one of them being mine) included. Why am I doing it? Hm. Why does the wind blow? Why does Donald Trump not spend some of his billions of dollars on a trip to Mastercuts to get a better hairstyle? Why does KISS still tour? Why is Keith Richard still alive? Why do some people think farts aren't funny?



To the few people that know the details of my situation and understand, thank you for the support. It keeps me from cutting my ear off and mailing it to someone I love.



Not sure what else to say for now, other than things seem to change by the minute and I never know what's around the corner or where I'll be 24, 12 or even 1 hour from now. At this minute, I will continue to sit in the very crux of the stress I'm in and keep doing things like wondering why the f*&k some lady just came into the store complaining about how cold out it is and then turned around and ordered a Granita. A Granita is an annoying to make frozen drink. It's 20 degrees out.



That's it for now. Thanks for reading, and now back to our regularly scheduled program...