Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Spam I Am: A glimpse into the mind of a compassionate Spam victim

Here is a screenshot of one of my email accounts. I emptied it out last Friday, it is now Wednesday, and here's what it looks like:







Damn!



To the layperson, it would appear that I'm a very popular guy. Not the case - every single one of those is junk mail that I've received over the span of 5 days. Looks like it's time for me to get a new account.



No... on second thought, I really like the username I picked for this account. I think what I'll do is try and write back to them. All of them. Maybe something like this..



Dear Sirs,



Thank you kindly for informing me of your fine product, but at this time, I am not interested in online dating, genital enhancement, inkjet printers, or seeing a movie where a girl named Trixie apparently gets it on with a horse. If you would be so kind, I'd appreciate you removing me from your mailing list. No hard feelings, but I'm simply not in a financial position to support you right now.



Maybe try getting back to me in a few months. Best of luck to you in the mean time. Keep at it and you'll be wiping your nose with $100 bills in no time!



Sincerely,



Mike



I'll throw my home address and credit card number on there too so they can put it on file... just so they don't think I'm brushing them off and not taking them seriously. And I should really include my main email address, just in case I'm not able to check this one anymore.



I better go.. looks like I've got some emails to send. A whopping 1,579 of them, to be exact!