Wednesday, November 24, 2004

My cat is a nerd.

Meet my cat Devo. He hasn't really been himself lately because I haven't been around much, so yesterday I decided to take him out with me while I was gone and try to make the little dude feel better.



Devo is a nerd. He has food allergies. He has bladder problems. When it's cold out, he sneezes and gets congested. He loves to ride in the car with me and look at trees. He's sensitive to sunlight (see photo). He yells at me if I'm not home enough. When you hold a piece of paper in the air, he repeatedly taps on it with his paw until you put it down. He is waifish, yet has the appetite of a horse.



Yesterday I began spoiling him by giving him a can of his cat food (prescription food, of course). He and I then visited a friend's house where he managed to wrangle a piece of pizza out of the top of the trash can. He then started ripping into his bag of crunchy food I brought along for the trip. I poured him a bowl and he munched on that for a while.



Not too long after that, he had some smoked salmon. Christ - not even I would be hungry after all of that, but he was just getting started. He was more than willing to help out with the spaghetti and asparagus dinner. Devo loves asparagus like it's raw meat - he goes into stealth mode and sneaks up to the plate like he's hunting it. He downed numerous pieces of asparagus, although some of the pieces he only licked, I assume because he was getting full, but when he is offered food he feels like he needs to do something with it before it's taken away. SO - within a couple of hours, he managed to eat:



- Can of cat food

- Some old pizza

- Crunchy cat food

- Smoked salmon

- Asparagus

- teeny piece of a breadstick

- and some more crunchy cat food.



Wow. Where does it all go? I know: the litterbox.

Read more about Devo's love of food here: http://meatsmoothie.blogspot.com/2004/11/how-to-make-micycle-style-fried.html