Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Happy Burpday to Mom!

It's my Mom's burpday today. She was born on this day a few years ago, and YAY FOR THAT! If she wasn’t ever born, I wouldn’t be sitting here typing this because if someone is not born, that means they are non-existent. And that means they can’t have kids. Gee, that sure would suck if I hadn’t been born. I wonder if not being born hurts?

So anyways, being one with the coolest Mom in the world is an easy job to have. She is very silly. She is an amazingly gifted cook and baker. She baby sits Frank. She's like Martha Stewart except she has a bent sense of humor, is nice to people, and hasn't tried running my Dad over in an SUV (prolly because they don't have an SUV). She is the master of the homemade mocha. Exhibit A: Peep this masterpiece she made me last time I was over, y'all.



The extravagant whooped cream application you see here is standard issue. And might I add, the whooped cream is homemade. If she had time, she'd probably make the cup, too. The Mom Mochas, (chocolate mochas as they’re called.. hehe) always overfloweth - usually there's so much whooped cream piled on that you have to bend over and sip it from the place where she first set it down, lest you want to pick it up and dribble it all over the damn place.

More often than not, she'll send me home with a grab bag of sorts.. the contents of which are always immensely appreciated albeit perplexing at times. Exhibit B: Sunday I went home with a bag which contained the following:

1 container of homemade chow mein
1 container of rice
1 wee Rubbermaid container of soy sauce
1 full bag of chow mein noodles
1 half bag of Sun Chips
several slices of poppyseed bread
a few punkin cookies


Last but not least, this was the capper:

1 brick of Velveeta.

She also tried to throw a pound of butter in there (not kidding) but I declined, as I still have 3 sticks to go through at home. How much does that rule?! Yep, my Mom is awesome. Many of my friends over the years have had Mom envy, and you can certainly see why. It's a good feeling to know that if there's ever a shortage of butter or Velveeta, my ass is covered. I know where to go.

So thanks for all the help and generosity this year, Maw. You and Pops have gone above and beyond to help me out and I hope that I can return the favor someday.

Happy Freakin' Burpday! I hope you get lots of presents. I know; having a son like me is the best present of all. But I’m talking more about other presents, such as merchandise from store shelves that is cleverly disguised in festive wrapping paper and given to you to rip open and enjoy.

Word to my Mutha.