Saturday, December 10, 2005

Slight paper towel holder misunderstanding

Since I've moved into my place, I've had the darndest time with the paper towel roll holder that was here when I moved in. It's wooden and pretty big which leads me to guess it's from the turn of the century. The 20th century, that is. Not the 21st. They had paper towels back then, right? I mean, that orange haired Viva paper towel lady on the commercials was pretty old when I was a kid.

It works fine and all once the paper towel roll is on there, it's just getting it to that point that has been the hard part. Every time the roll empties, I've had to get out my screwdriver, remove four screws, take the empty roll off, put a new one on, and do a balancing act while putting it all back together. It takes about 10 minutes every time. It's very convenient to have, don't get me wrong, but sheesh. You'd think it would be a little easier to stock.

Not to mention it's, like, 2 times the width of a roll of paper towels. And it's installed in the weirdest place: the bathroom wall. You'd think they would have put it in the kitchen or something.

Um... Wait. I've never been able to figure out where to hang my bathroom towels and something just dawned on me. Let me go take a look at that again; hold on a sec.

* * * * *

Okay, I'm back. Yeah, never mind. I knew what that was for all along. Yeeeeeeeeeeeah. I was just testing you to see if you'd say anything.

Hm. And now that I think of it, I guess that thing in my kitchen isn't a paper owl holder. That's what I thought mom said when she gave it to me and I was like "Aw shit, I've got some mad origami skills, but I can't be making no paper owl. And how is it supposed to sit on a vertical perch, anyways?" So it's sat there empty all this time.. and my bath towels have been hanging on doorknobs and thrown on the floor.

Sheeit. I need to pay closer attention to stuff.