Friday, December 16, 2005

Have you heard, about the bird, a ba ba bird bird bird..

Please kill me.

I've had the song Surfin Bird in my head for the last 24 hours and it's starting to drive me a little nuts here. Whenever I have a song stuck in my head like this I usually treat it by listening to the song a few times and it goes away.

Yesterday I brought both versions I have to work to listen to in my headphones and try to ease the pain: The original by Minnesota's own "The Trashmen" as well as the Ramones rendition of it (one of the best covers of all time in this fella's opinion).. a billion listens and 24 hours later, I thought it was done.

I was downing a bowl of cereal this morning and suddenly my brain started going like this: bopbopbopbopbopbopbop M-ma-maw maw, boppa m maaw ma maaw bopbopbop m ma maw maw, boppa m maaw ma maaw..

Please. Make it stop. I love this song and all, but it even happened when I was walking into work. I need a break from this.

I always get a little worried when this happens, as I always think of the news story I once read where this guy had the Yes song Owner of a Lonely Heart in his head. Not for a few days - this went on for years and he seriously went nuts. It got to the point where he went in for a lobotomy to silence it. No kidding! I can understand why.. that's not the best Yes song to have in your head. I bet if it was Long Distance Runaround he wouldn't have needed a lobotomy at all.

So here I sit with Surfin Bird still in my head, and I didn't bring those CDs today because I thought I had won the war. There's a paper clip and blue pen on my desk.. I'm wondering if I could take those up to the men's room where there's a decent sized mirror and some sinks with soap dispensers. The perfect envoronment in which to perform some sort of self-lobotomy. Sadly there's no baby changing station table in there, but I reckon this will be a relatively quick procedure and I hopefully won't need to lay down.

Providing I remember how to operate the elevator to get to the men's room, lettuce hope the operation is a success. Bye bye!

bopbopbopbopbopbopbop M-ma-maw maw, boppa m maaw ma maaw bopbopbop m ma maw maw, boppa m maaw ma maaw..