Thursday, December 9, 2004

Dimebag Darrell - KILLED

Read all about it here: http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html



Looks like it's true... this is incredibly sad, f*&ked up news. This is the very group my band was standing 20 feet away from backstage at the Quest nightclub here in Minneapolis a few weeks ago (see: my Glamorous Life post). This guy wasn't just another "metal dude" - he was an amazing guitarist, one of the best for the kind of music he played. I only gather this from reading a lot of interviews and his old "how-to" columns in Guitar World, but Darrell always seemed like he'd be a really cool guy to hang out with. And now thanks to some knucklehead, he's with us no more. No one seems to have reported yet if his brother, who was playing drums, was killed also - I think it would almost be better if he was. Would you want to live the rest of your life with the memory of your brother being killed in right front of you?



Not talking to him when we were backstage is yet another notch on the belt of my thankfully rather short "I should have..." list - right up there with not going to see Nirvana in 1994 with my friends thinking I'd catch them next time they came (not to mention The Breeders were opening for them that tour - what the Hell was I thinking passing that up?!!)



Goes to show you and me both, no matter how shitty you think your life is, it could be much worse. Like nonexistent.



I hope the killer gets a hearty serving of ass-capping of a different kind: dropping the soap in front of his cellmate Bubba in the prison showers for the next 20 years. Bubba - if you're reading this, this guy killed 5 innocent people. There's no need to wait for him to drop the soap. Kick it out of his hands. Make him your bitch. Better yet, consider this guy a free lifetime supply of bitch. You've got nothing else to do, right?



Hope you're still tearin' it up wherever you are, Dimebag... I'll forgive you for the wiener thing.