Monday, December 6, 2004

Pumpkin guts: the stuff that dreams are made of.

I had a very bizarre dream the other night - once it got cooking, I was looking in the bathroom mirror leaning my head back to look inside of my nostrils, and they were extremely cavernous. I could see miles into my head, and you know what was in it? Pumpin guts. I'm not sure if that's what it actually was because I sure as hell wasn't going to pick my nose and find out, but it looked like a bunch of stringy pumpin innards were in my head. And it didn't really startle me - I just kind of looked and thought Hm.. it looks like I have a lot of pumpkin guts in my nose. One thing I vividly remember is that I realized there were no seeds. Maybe I picked them out before I joined me in my dream?



I awoke in the morning wondering what the f*ck that was all about, and then figured maybe it would be best not to. I'm not too sure that those dream dictionary books have a blurb explaining why you had a dream that your nose was filled with pumpkin stringies.



I got out of bed really groggy and tried to snap myself out of it by trying to focus on something other than that dream. Wesley Snipes. Don't know why my brain randomly picked him, but it did, and you've got to do the best with what you have. So I started thinking about Wesley Snipes. I started feeling proud, for some inexplicable reason, that I have never viewed a Wesley Snipes movie. Then I suddenly remembered seeing "To Wong Foo: Thanks for everything! Julie Newmar" with my aunt when it was in the theater. God dammit!



If you pay attention to what's going on in your head at the time, the side effects of sleep are often very amusing.