Monday, December 13, 2004

A letter to my superball, from Devo the cat

Dear Superball:



A few weeks ago we were running on the stairs together and you hit me in the nose. Mike threw you for me, and as you were bouncing around, next thing I knew I had a sharp sensation in my face from you bouncing into me. After that, Mike would try to throw you, but I refused to run after and retrieve you. The flashbacks... the pain... it was all just too much.



Since then, we haven't talked much. The whole thing scared me off a little bit, made me think that maybe it was time to start focusing on playing with Q Tips and string a bit more rather than you. They are much more fun to be hit in the face with.



I'd just like to say that it was nothing personal. I just can't be getting hurt like that when I'm trying to have a good time frolicking with my toys. There was no other toy as fun as you, especially after I bit that chunk out of you that one time. That made your bounces completely unpredictable - dude, chasing after you was such a rush.



Now that I get to thinking about it, maybe it's time we make up. I miss you, superball. Q Tips are great, but when Mike throws them, they don't do anything but land like a dead fish. Plus all of that cotton gets stuck to my tongue when I'm carrying them back to Mike to throw again. Cotton tastes bad and makes me thirsty.



Yeah, I'm gonna go hunt you down and bring you to Mike so he can throw you and I can chase after you. I'll be a little apprehensive at first, but after 5-6 throws if I'm not hurt, maybe we can talk about getting serious again.



I love you, superball.. here I come.



Devo