Friday, December 17, 2004

This is the most counterintuitive mouse I've ever used.

Dear Logitech,



I've been doing a lot of graphic work on my computing device as of late and decided now is the time to test out one of your TrackMan® Wheel mice.



I got home and got everything all plugged in, but can't seem to figure out how the TrackMan® is supposed to make graphics or controlling the cursor any easier.



I don't want to sound like some sort of idiot that isn't capable of using an elaborate mouse such as the TrackMan® - I use computers all the time, and know darn well that using a mouse isn't rocket science.



Not the case with the TrackMan®. Here's the problem: look at the photo and you'll see what I'm getting at. The mouse ball is freakin' huge, and it's on the side of the mouse - not the bottom, like every other mouse out there. When I put it down on the mouse pad to navigate, the whole mouse rocks back and forth because the ball is so big. And to make matters worse, if you look at my hand in the picture, the buttons are not in the most convenient location. How the hell am I to keep this damned thing from rolling all over my desk when I don't have my hand on it, much less be able to press the buttons? Maybe you need to sell a stand for it or something. All it's good for now is sitting on my desk looking like a futuristic sculpture of a melted stick of roll-on anti perspirant.



I can't imagine this isn't the first complaint you've ever received in regards to the TrackMan's® counterintuitive design. I am enlosing my receipt, the package, and the mouse for a full refund. I'm sorry the mouse and cord have become separated, but I became so frustrated trying to use it that I ripped it out of my computer. Evidently the USB port had a better grip on the cord than the mouse chassis itself. So not only do we have a design problem, but a durability problem as well.



For future reference, you might want to steer clear from putting a product on store shelves such as the TrackMan® at least without including an instructional video with it to show people how the hell they're supposed to use the damned thing.



Thank you very much and good day.