Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Yeah... my band is pretty awesome.

I am usually the last person to ever get up like a bird chested mama's boy and gloat or toot my own horn, but I stumbled across a show review thread of sorts on a local message board in regards to a recent set my band Iced Ink played that made me a proud papa. Screw modesty for the next few minutes... here's what the peeps are saying:



"OMG.....It's monday...I'm at work...and my cocentration today is fer shit! I cant think straight...i do stuff out of order....why??? I think it's residual Iced Ink circulating in my crainial matter. Serious....this band had the most AMAZING and CONFUSING performance of the evening. I mean..i listen to some jazz and some progressive rock...but this was...I dont even know??!?!? Prog/acid jazz/fusion/???? You have to give it to these folks...to make music that messed up..you have to be REALLY GOOD!! I can't fathom how to assemble such pieces of music..much less imagine how they remember to play it the EXACT same way every time! All hail Iced Ink! PLUS!!! IMHO, they get "Album title of the year"..hands down! "There's a bee in here" It just struck me as funny as hell. Mucho props folks"

--

"I've said it once and I'll say it again. Iced Ink makes you wants to lay down your instruments, smash them to bits and pieces, turn in a circle 3 times chanting "I'm not worthy" and do it all over again."

--

"I'll be posting pics of this soon, but for now I have to agree. Every musician in that band kicks ass! Their timing is digital, the energy is like being in a paint shaker. A lot of percussionists don't really add much, but that girl stood out all by herself. Hard to do when your drummer is a fucking madman with a metronome for a brain. Mike changes the tone and effects on his guitar every four measures or so, and I just can't follow it. It made me insane with jealousy. Those guys smoked the place. I would have hated to be in one of the bands that followed. And what Paul said was soooo true. You can just tell that every note is the same every time they play. That kind of consistency is inhuman."

--

"It took me a good half dozen times seeing them to really "get" what they were doing. Since then they've been one of the few bands that I consistently get out to see as often as possible. Astounding!"

--

"I'm a fool for missing this, but I was totally incapacitated. I will say though that I have seen this band before, and they make my testes tickle. They rool."

--

"I've never really liked any instrumental bands. When I saw Iced Ink I had to buy the CD immediately. They are F'ing awesome."

--



Wow. Now if only we could get a few hundred more people in this town to even know we exist and come close to having similar opinions, life would be grand. I am very grateful for the kind commentary and gratuitous ego massages from everyone on that board and anyone else that ever comes up to us after a set and gives a thumbs up. It makes all of those shows where no one is listening and we make $8 strangely seem worthwhile.