Thursday, April 7, 2005

Hey... that sounds strangely familiar..!

I'm sitting in Acadia Cafe on Nicollet Ave. sipping on an iced mocha and noticed a vaguely familiar song coming out of the speakers hanging all over the ceilings here.
Wait.. I know this song.. this guy's not too bad!

It took a few seconds before it dawned on me that it was me I was hearing coming out of those speakers. It's a weird (but great) feeling when this happens. I donated a CD of my solo acoustic guitar music *cough* to the owner quite some time ago and it's good to know they're putting it to good use (this happened once before when we went to a show in the theater next to the cafe - we walked in and lo and behold, I was cranked through the PA). There's about 12 people sitting in here and it's dead silent other than the CD playing.. it's tempting to walk over to someone and say "Hear this music? I know this guy. He's currently undergoing transgender surgery and having his face redone to look more like Elvis... let's hope he stops wearing those tacky miniskirts when he plays... at least for a while."

Thanks for the free publicity, Acadia!