Saturday, April 16, 2005

A Setting worth Forgetting

Date/time: Saturday, April 16 - 11:43am.
Place: Coffee shop that isn't Starbucks or Caribou
Reason for this journal entry: None.

I am sitting at a small table with a laptop on it, an iced mocha, and lid to said iced mocha. I am next to a big window. There is a ledge along the bottom inside area of the window which my backpack and a straw wrapper are resting on. It is raining. Outside across the street there is a mysterious white van parked at the curb (as opposed to parked on the street, I guess).

I am wearing brown corduroy pants, a pair of old beat up Hurley shoes, and a blue hoodie with red stripes on it. My hair is messy, but under control. I am having an 'average' hair day.

My tummy is a little full from eating all of those chocolate chip cookies. Yeeeow - I need to lay off of those things!

Did I forget to put deodarent on? Hm... it's almost tempting to run to the restroom and give me pits a sniff or two, but I don't want to leave the laptop sitting here. Someone could walk up and start reading this absolutely pointless journal entry that you're reading right now because you're probably waiting for me to write something amusing. But I don't plan on it. Or perhaps you are being amused by this absolutely pointless journal entry, because it can be rather entertaining sometimes to catch a glimpse of completely random drivel pouring out of somebody's head. If you are one of those people that is reading this and being slightly amused right now, good for you. If you're one of those people waiting for something to happen here, I apologize. You can pretend I'm getting up right now and screaming "Holy tube socks, I wet my elbows!" and everyone in the shop is staring at me. That's not really happening, but it sure would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Yeah.

My grandma used to knit a lot. She made afghans. I remember one was orange, brown and tan and sort of reminded me of A&W Root Beer.

I sure could go for some bacon right now. Bacon is so delicious, but it takes so darn long to cook.

I'm trying to keep this meaningless post meaningless, but it's starting to mean something to me because I'm talking about things I care about like Grandma, afghnas, and root beer. I need to stop caring so much about what I'm typing and write about things I don't care about so much, like Anne Murray... or cloudy lukewarm water. If you think about it, Anne Murray and lukewarm water are 2 very similar things. Rice cakes sort of fall into that category too. If I had to pick from the three, I'd probably go with rice cakes.

I made fried chicken yesterday, it turned out pretty good. Well, guess I should mosey. What do you think I do, sit here and write about nothing all day?

Gravy...