Sunday, January 1, 2006

It's 2006 now!

And you all know what THAT means!

Oh, you don't?

Hm.

I guess I don't really know either. Never mind.

As the clock turned from 11:59pm to midnight adding 1 onto 2005 for the next 365 days (um... what?), I was being festive at my sister's place with the Fam. We watched the ball drop on their large teevee while sipping on bubbly (pronounced "bub-lay").

When I say that they have a large teevee, I mean you get carsick when you watch it. It is what I imagine those Universal Studios Theme Park rides must be like - I don't need to go to those parks, I just go to my sister's and ask her husband to turn the teevee on. It is larger than their piano. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to live in their teevee. If gutted out and taken camping, it could comfortably sleep two. Not to mention its sheer enormous presence would intimidate hungry bears and send them off to find someone else in a soft tent to eat.

After that, things started simmering down up until I started scrolling through the pictures that I'd taken throughout the evening and realized something rather peculiar about the tops of my sister's dining room chairs. Does anything look... um... a little... how shall I say.. male-esque about this to you?

Yeah, no kidding. And they're in a lot of the pictures. In a few of the photos, they're positioned in a manner in which it looks more like an adult film than a New Years party, if you know what I'm sayin'. After noticing this, we took a few intentionally behind the chairs while "yawning" and they're pretty damned convincing if I do say so myself.

Let's do some math now: 1 television the size of Sputnik, and several dining room chairs equipped with, how shall I say, smaller than average junk. Hm, are we trying to compensate for something? Do wish you would have picked out thicker dining room chairs now, my Seester? *shaking head in disgust*

Regardless, fun times were had by all as always, and I'm already looking forward to next year's bash. I'm just going to be sure she puts some covers on those chairs before I go over there next time. I was wondering why I always lost my appetite after being there for too long! Hey, you try and have 2 dozen little winkies surrounding you like that while at the dinner table and see how you feel!

Good luck in 2006, everyone.