Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Photos/review from aforementioned Area 52 show

My brain hurts... yet another interesting, very late, beer pitcher-filled evening at the Terminal Bar open mic took place last night. One of my favorite local guitar slingers/homeboys Nick joined in and made what he told me was his debut as an acoustic fingerstyle guitar player, something this town needs way more of in my opinion. He busted out his brand spankin' new Alvarez acoustic, got up there and did his three tunes like he's been doing it for years. He did a phenomenal job, methinks, and I'm excited to see what else this chap's brain and fingers have in store for that guitar & our ears.



Yet another great set of pics/review from Area 52 Godfather David Slam can be peeped here: http://www.area-52.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1525 David's a great guy and hilarious writer, talking about selling his gear after seeing us play and such.. he summed up my stage presence perfectly with 1 word: "swoopyness". Love it!! I am indeed a swoopy dude. I often find myself bumping into the edges of doorways and hitting the sides of my arms on stuff due to being a bit of a space cadet... that's what sobriety will do to a person, so I've been told.



Now pardon me while I swoop the Hell out of here and take a nap.



Sssssssssswishhhhhh....



Coming soon to meatsmoothie.blogspot.com: How to eat bacon, ham, apple rings, energy drinks, brownies, donuts, cereal, chicken, orange juice, ice cream, pickles, and rice cakes all in 1 sitting... or shall I say... "standing"?