Saturday, January 22, 2005

p.s. - Attn: Local news media

I know you're just doing your jobs, and gawd bless you, but I think at this point we're very well aware that yes, it snowed a lot, people got stuck at home or on the roads, and anyone having anything to do with airports are not very happy right now. No need to take precious minutes off the lives of worry-wart grandmas and grandpas sitting at home in their recliners glued to the television and shitting their pants in fear.



Although to give credit where it is deserved, last night in between the non-stop Twin Cities Blizzard 2005/Everyone Hide Under Your Beds news coverage, they threw in a buffer. A news reporter indicated that the snow is bringing out the best in people with things like shoveling and pushing stuck cars out of snowdrifts. My body may be cold from the weather, but my heart is now warm with delight knowing that the world is filled with such selfless acts of love and generosity.



I just read what I wrote and realized something:



Q: Who took his smartass pills today?

A: *raising my hand* I did! I did!



Anyhoo, I'd be willing to put money on it, if I had any, that tonight on the 10pm news, the token buffer/calm-down snowstorm enlightenment will go something like this:



[Robotic news reporter with subtle grin on face] "And on the lighter side, not everyone is inconvenienced by the snowfall!" (insert by fresh, whimsical money shots of children sledding and long lines at now busy snowmobile shops here)



Just you watch!