Thursday, November 24, 2005

And I give thee Thanks.

Tis Thanksgiving Day. I wish you all the happiest and most blissful, fulfilling Thanksgivings you've ever had. Here is what I am thankful for this year:


  1. Got to wake up at 6am and go to work today
  2. Parked Pinto 4 blocks from work, walked in blistering cold gusts of wind until I couldn't feel my nose or cheeks only to learn the meters right out front of the building are free on holidays
  3. Was locked out of work building when going out for a coffee run - couldn't feel face and ears once again (thanks Angela for letting me back in!)
  4. Went to use restroom and water in urinal was blue. That = clean toilet, and I was the first one to use it. Either that or somebody who didn't flush drank windshield wiper fluid last night.
  5. All of the bullshit that has transpired this year, and good gawd, there's been a lot of it. Seriously. If you know me well enough, you know that my 2005 has come with an unlimited free massive supply of bullshit. Heaping tuckloads of it. Consider this a thank-you card to the bullshit and those responsible for it, including myself. Because of it all, I'm happier than I think I've ever been and am glad it all went down. There will be no Johnny Cash middle finger pic flipping 2005 off in this journal like last year, that's fo sho. Micycle = strong like bull. Grunt grunt.
  6. My trip to New York to hang out with someone incredibly bitchin' and just have a good time. That's not till next week, but my Spidey Sense tells me it's going to be great.
  7. I am thankful that I found a replacement headlight for the Pinto last night and that it was only $11.
  8. I am not thankful that I will likely not enjoy installing it in the cold, windy weather.
  9. I am thankful that when I went to change the address on my drivers license last night that they didn't take my picture. I like the one they have on file and was having a bad hair day yesterday, so that's cool.
  10. I am thankful for buttered toast with grape jelly.
  11. I am eternally grateful for the generousity of my fambly and friends this year. Just don't expect anything in return, people. Just kidding! I think.
  12. I am glad I adopted Frank who has proven to me that there is life after Devo.
  13. I am glad that somebody stumbled across a photo of me and thought it resembled Elvis Costello and the wackiness that ensued thereafter.
  14. I am thankful that my landlord let me paint my apartment.
  15. I am not so thankful that I will have to paint it back when I move out
  16. I give thanks to the fact that I got way too much sleep last night.
  17. I am thankful for the members of Floozie who played with us at the Uptown on Tuesday, they surprised us by hitting the stage all dressed up in limited edition Iced Ink shirts that the drummer made (these are, like, real shirts, not inkjet transfers on cheap wifebeaters):
  18. I am also thankful that they made each of us an Ink shirt as well which we were presented with after the show. That was veddy cool. There are only 6 of these in existence and I bet I could fetch at least a good $3 on mine if I put it up on Ebay. Ha!
  19. I am thankful that I am about to partake in a feast like none other at mom's tonight
  20. I am thankful that my brother brought his two kitties along from Cleveland - should we run short on food tonight, we have backup now.

There are many more things to give thanks for, like the fact that I'm about to publish this for all of you to read and enjoy.

Have a goot holly-day everyone!

Sincerely,

Micycle.