Thursday, November 10, 2005

I shouldn't have taken that nap...

First off before I get started - Owen rules! Please take a moment to peep what fellow guitarist/goofball Owen made for me the other day and posted in my MySpace comments section:



Now isn't that lovely?! I spit Cheerio milk out on my monitor when I saw that this morning, so kudos to you Owen for getting my day off to a rip roaring start. Another cool thing about Owen: he knows how to make a neat sound by bouncing an empty plastic cup on a microphone. If you read this Owen, isn't that always how it goes? You could play the most brilliant guitar work ever onstage and people will still remember you for things like that instead. I learned this when I started playing slide guitar with my cell phone. Not a complaint, just observation.

In other news, I messed up my sleep schedule something horrible yesterday. Got home from work feeling a lil under the weather and at Oprah:15, (or 4:15 as the rest of the world calls it), crashed on the sofa with Frank watching The Oaps, and dozed off.

I woke up seeing dark skies out my window and pooped my pants thinking it was morning and that I was tardy for work. I hate being tardy for work, mainly because I've been taking the bus lately and when a person misses a bus and is already late for work, they're pretty much fucked. Mainly because you have to wait 10 minutes for the next one to come by. And at as each bus passes, they only seem to become progressively more congested with more fearful riders that look at you like you've got 6 eyeballs on your forehead and smell like egg salad.

Lo and behold, it was only 10pm, and I was not late for work wakeup. 8 hours early, if anything. I was wide awake and nowhere to go. You know, because it was 10pm. Well there's Cub Foods and stuff like that, but.. um.. you know what I'm sayin'.

So, I up and recorded a new Finnegan song and plopped it up on le MySpace page. It's entitled “tba” for now and I like where it's going. Once I get an arrangement I'm happy with (who knows, this might be the final version - need to give it a few more listens), its real name will surface and will be available for download on the page.

And now here I sit at work dozing off at my monitor, almost to the point of drooling on my desk. I could have very well permanently botched up my sleeping schedule for life now. Way to go, Me. After recording and yammering on the phone with a homey, I went to bed at 2am and woke up at 6 for work. And this worries me. What if now my body wants to go to sleep whenever it sees Oprah, sleeps until 10, and then from 2am-6pm? What kind of deal is that? Cripes. I am incredibly tired, yet wide awake; all at the same time.

I guess all I can do at this point is down a bunch of Unisom sleep gels with several straight shots of espresso to try and balance things out. Just to keep my body in line and let it know who the boss still is around here. I will now hit the men’s room at work, gaze into the mirror swaying back and forth with red eyes and mutter through my teeth “You want to tamper with my sleep schedule, body? I'll show you, Beeeeyotch.”

At least I've got my favorite black tee shirt on today. Yes, that black tee shirt. It has since been laundered and it's nice to have it back.