Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunshine makes you realize what a shitty paint job you've done

The sun is out and the skies they are cheerful. A pleasant change after yesterday's gloomy, overcast inclement conditions if I do say so myself. It makes me want to break into song and dance out on Franklin Avenue, and I would do so if I knew everyone out there was capable of singing along with me and dancing in synch atop of cars like they did in Fame.

When talking to mom on the telly-a-phone a few minutes ago, the upper area of my apartment walls caught my eye, the part where they meet the ceiling in particular. I just painted the place some pretty loud colors last weekend, and it just dawned on me when running my eyes across the walls that evidently I'm not capable of painting straight lines. The entire perimeter of the ceilings/walls in the living room is sloppy as all shit; I could have sworn I did a better job than that, but now with brilliant sunshine pouring through the windows, it looks like a 2nd grader came in here with a blindfold on and painted for me.


Peep this example of my Tang orange living room wall above the buffet:

Yeech. How exactly did I miss that? And it's pretty much like that all across the board, although that spot is a particularly bad miss.

I have the roller thing down pat. Rolling paint is way easy, and it's actually sort of fun. Maybe if there's a way to remove the ceiling so I can just be sloppy and roll the tops of the walls over the edge, everything would be fine. But seeing that someone is living on the other side of my ceiling, I don't believe this will be an option.

This is now bugging the Hell out of me... I knew I had some touch-up to do, but this looks like it's going to take a while, and I'm just not in the mood. Maybe I'll just have to invest in a big ol 10 gallon cowboy hat to wear so I can't see anything above eye level when I'm walking around in here. Or some of those flip-up shades for my glasses - I could just wear them flipped up all the time so they'd block my view.. and that way I would have that "Dwayne Wayne" look. You know, that guy from A Different World. Then I would have to go to the barber and get a fly fade, which I guess would be cool. I'll have them shave my hair into that Venetian blind-looking style on the sides of my scalp while I'm at it.

Hey, it beats killing 3 hours throwing a tarp on all of my stuff again and buying an edging brush.