Monday, November 14, 2005

Start spreading the Gnus: Homey goes to NY

That's right, family members and few friends I've mentioned this to. In the "You Only Live Once" department, I found a very affordable airfare and am locked in to set foot on New York soil for the first (and prolly not last) time in a few weeks. It has been a dream of mine ever since I was 5 and saw a pic of KISS atop the Empire State Building, later learning they were from there, so it will be nice to cross that off the list of things to do. My plane stops in Warshington, DC on the way, so I'll be able to add that onto my list of states I've visited as well. It's only for an hour so I won't get to see much other than whatever's in the airport, but I'll at least be able to do a Burger King comparison and see if the bacon double cheeseburgers out there taste any different than here in MN. Because as we all know, each Burger King is independently owned and operated and they get their beef from the local ma and pa farms.


Granted I'll be about 5 hours from where this shot was taken, but still. Who cares. I'll be livin' it up and Wang Chung-ing with a very cool and entertaining host, not in Minnesota, and maybe at least fly over NYC and wave to the Empire State Building roof thanking it for making it one of my favorite KISS posters ever. I bought that poster the same day I served community service for nearly burning down the entire nature preserve behind my elementary school. And why did I do that? Because, well duh, I listened to too much KISS music.

I'm pretty excited. Even if all I can afford to eat on this trip is gum.